5.05.2009

Jumping The Shark


Jumping the shark
a term to describe a moment when something that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality and popularity.

Origin of this phrase comes from a Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped a shark on waterskis. Thus was labeled the lowest point of the show.
Cousin Oliver on Brady Bunch, Scrappy Doo.

Now I am NOT saying this blog was every great, but I think I'm hitting an all time low.

Purse polls, videos of chubby kids getting strangled on rides, speculation about Zac Efron's sexual preferences!!! What's happening here?


I think my blog has "jumped the shark!"

Can I get my blogging mojo back?

Only time will tell people.

But I will tell you this, I have faith in myself. I've been down before, in other areas of my life, and I've always pulled it together with determination and a positive attitude.

I hope that you stick with me during my slump.

Trust me, things WILL get better.


14 comments:

Tara R. said...

I personally don't think you're any where close to 'jumping the shark.' I'm not going anywhere. I'm thinking something epic is about to happen and I want to be here when it does.

Tammy said...

I may not comment everytime, but do enjoy reading your blog. :)

erin said...

I loved the fat kid thing!

Sandra said...

I love that expression! And I love reading your blog!

Jaina said...

I've never seen that episode. We all have those days...no worries. I still love reading your blog. :)

simplynotso said...

stop fishing for compliments:)jk

simplynotso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You know, Fonzie jumping the shark wouldn't have been so bad had he NOT wore his leather jacket.... THAT'S what did it.

Cid said...

You'll only be in real trouble if Ted McGuinley makes a guest appearance. (See Happy Days reference)

The 5 Bickies said...

Do NOT compare yourself to the Fonz on waterskiis...you could never be that bad. In fact, I thoroughly enjoy your blog and the variety. Keep it up!

Tippy said...

Nothing will put you back on top like a kickass review of the RHONY. :-)

Dr Zibbs said...

maybe the butt photoshoot will give you a boost.

emily said...

omg! it is going to get so much better as soon as the housewives from n jersey starts!!!!! i compare my shoulder with the Fonz takes his first step after the motorcycle accident!!! you made melaugh! thank you!

Unknown said...

The fact that you can write something funny and clever about jumping the shark means to me that you haven't jumped the shark. But I completely understand your feelings. I often wonder why the heck I even bother!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.