9.03.2010

School's In!!!

Yesterday "unofficially" ended one of the longest, hottest, driest summers I can remember.

School is back in session!!!

I'm so ready for it, and so are my girls.


I love my children and I very much enjoy spending time with them.


Just not as much time as we've spent together this summer.

There was WAY too much unsupervised time and the demand for me to create fun was stifling.

Sure, we had many moments of fun, but I am making a vow to save my money for next summer. We need some camps, classes and structure. With two girls four years apart, what's fun for one, isn't necessarily what works for the other. I tried desperately, but it was a bust.

I'm hoping my increased alone time will allow me to revive the old blog. I have really missed it.

In sadder news, I will not be attending this year's U.S. Open. My rich friend decided to invite her husband to sit in the Trump Box this year instead of me. Maybe she's still annoyed at me for inviting a bunch of people up to drink with us last year.

Since I'm saving every penny for next summer's day camps, I simply cannot justify shelling out the big bucks to attend.

If any of you are looking for a really fun companion take to the Open with you, I am ready, willing and able to oblige. I'll tell lots of funny jokes, buy you drinks and make it a memorable experience for you.

Really, and truly, it's killing me that I can't go.

Can you help a sister out?


Coming up: My diet, which has bee wildly successful and my upcoming Girl's Weekend in Atlantic City to celebrate my sister's 40th.

Stay tuned.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Cannot wait to hear about your diet! Of course, it may make me feel worse about my "extra" weight . . . So glad I have your blog to look forward to in the future days ;-) xoxo

LovetoScrapLeslie said...

I was so happy this week when my kids finally went back to school (even if it was just a half day),that I organized a tennis Round Robin to celebrate (tennis playing and laughter...how could I go wrong).

Like you,I have kids with a wide age span (boy/15, boy/13, girl/8) and each of them wanting to do something different. I'm taking off my entertainment director hat for a while!

Pls fill us in on your new diet and how we can read your tennis blog.

Leslie
Addicted to Tennis & Caffeine too

Constant Frivolity said...

If I lived closer, I would buy tickets to the Open just so I could bring you as my guest :)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.