9.14.2010

Farewell Sisley, I love you so....


Today was a very sad day for me.

A few months ago, my friends and I spent a wonderful weekend in NYC. One of the highlights for me was my makeover at the Sisley counter at Saks.

A miracle worker named Joey introduced me to the wonderful world of high end cosmetics and skin care.

Because my birthday and Mother's Day were approaching, I indulged myself and purchased a very expensive tub of Sisley Eye and Lip Contour Creme.

Big mistake.

Not because it was a rip off, but because it is fabulous!!! I love it so much. It really soothes my under eye area, it feels heavenly and it gets rid of my puffiness.

Every morning I would gingerly use my little Sisley spoon and dip it in this magic elixir and then revel in it's magical powers. (Did you know that you are supposed to use a sterile spoon to scoop your moisturizer...if you don't you might CONTAMINATE it.) C'est horrible!!!!

As we all know, all good things must come to an end and since I'm on a budget, I simply cannot justify purchasing another container of this wonder potion right now.

(And forget the Botox sister. I laid off that a long time ago and my forehead looks worse than my Pug's!!!)

Right now my only beauty indulgence is my trip to the hair salon every six weeks for the best highlights I've ever had. I skimped on my hair for a long time and the result was a brassy orange dutch boy hairdo that was an embarrassment to both me and my family.

Damn this economy!!!

Anyway, if any of you gals have a suggestion for an amazing eye cream that won't require me to take out a second mortgage on the house, please share.

We ladies have to help each other out in these tough times.

Oh and as always, if you have a product you would like me to advertise, especially one that can make me look better, you know where to find me. At home, sitting on the computer, while I should be scrubbing my shower.

Love ya!!


5 comments:

scargosun said...

I am a philosophy gal, thru and thru. I like their Eye Hope currently. I am thinking of trying the Miracle Worker line soon as well.

Heather Henderson said...

have you looked on ebay to get it cheaper?

Jen2004 said...

Try Mary Kay's Firming Eye Cream. It truly is amazing!!

Kate said...

The Clarins eye line is amazing but right up there with Sisely splurge-wise. I am going to keep checking back here for suggestions!

Kary Me Too said...

Sounds like just what I need! I'm looking up your magic potion now!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.