10.03.2010

Okay Robblogger, your little tactic worked...

I just received the following comment:

"I just read your blog. It’s alright. By that I mean it’s not entirely horrible. There were parts where I thought I would rather be pleasuring myself with sandpaper, but you definitely have potential. I think it might be beneficial for you to check out a truly excellent blog, Inspired by Caffeine and Nicotine Operation Z. I am willing to give you a few tips. Love Robblogger."

SAY WHAT!!!!????

I was a little taken aback, and at the same time, intrigued, so I payed Rob a little visit and this is what I found:

"I just read your blog. It’s alright. By that I mean it’s not entirely horrible. There were parts where I thought I would rather be pleasuring myself with sandpaper, but you definitely have potential. I think it might be beneficial for you to check out a truly excellent blog, Inspired by Caffeine and Nicotine Operation Z. I am willing to give you a few tips. Love Robblogger

I posted that to a bunch of blogs today. I’m really not that big an asshole. Let me explain. But first, let’s move on with our second title...


To be completely clear I did not mean what I said in that comment. I am completely unwilling to give anyone advice. And the only place I posted that little love note, was on blogs I thought were truly excellent, and to those I thought might be able to take a joke. I blame my girlfriend. She suggested I post comments to Bloggerites I really enjoyed. For the last couple weeks I have been taking her advice, and Pearl Harboring sites I like, with adulation and praise. It hasn’t worked. I’ve been sending out love and getting none in return. I feel like Charlie Brown on Valentine’s Day. That is no way to make me feel, shame on you bloggers.

I have gone biblical, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” I had to come up with a teaser that would get viewers over here. What kind of remark would get me to go check out someone else’s thoughts? The above horribly insulting and egotistical memo is what I came up with. I am willing to admit it is not the nicest thing I have done, but I had an unhappy childhood. I didn’t have a Nintendo. I had to make do with an Atari. If my childhood had been filled with rescuing a Princess, instead of endlessly trying to get a frog across a busy street, I might not have the need for attention I suffer with today."


Okay Rob, I get it, and your little trick worked. Here is some attention from me, a lapsed blogger who totally gets the need for comments and attention.

If anyone else would like to reward Rob with some attention after his desperate cry for attention, you can find him here.





10 comments:

Me said...

okay that guy Robs trick worked again, I checked him out. Thats nice of you to pass it on.

Tara R. said...

Interesting tactic. I don't think I could be that bold though.

At least he has good taste in blogs if he send those 'love notes' only to people he liked reading. I guess you should be flattered.

Sandra said...

Yours is definitely one I look forward to - witty, clever, entertaining. :-) I'm not checking his out - I already have too many on my list ;-) xoxo

The Mrs. said...

Um lunatic!

Robb said...

Thank you so very much for the plug. I do thoroughly enjoy this blog. I hope I have returned the love by giving you a mention in the latest instalment of my questionable meanderings. http://inspiredbycaffeinenicotine.blogspot.com/2010/10/asskissery.html Thank you again for rewarding my poor behaviour.

Bridget said...

He did that to my friend Liz too! What a clever little scamp ;)

tripleZmom said...

Wow. I'm going to check him out now, thanks to you.

Onbux said...

education consultant,immigration consultant,study in uk,we represent/agent in Bangladesh some bac ... IELTS Exam Dates in British Council Dhaka, Bangladesh

Onbux said...

education consultant,immigration consultant,study in uk,we represent/agent in Bangladesh some bac ... IELTS Exam Dates in British Council Dhaka, Bangladesh
http://http://fnfeducation.com

Unknown said...

Our online video courses and free practice tests help you to prepare for the life in the Uk test in 2014 and gain British citizenship, covering the official government handbook - Life in the UK, A Guide for New Residents, 3rd edition. Visit our website to purchase the course.

life in UK test

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.