12.02.2010

It's been way too long!!!!

It's been almost a month since I last sat down at my laptop for any other reason than to check my bank account, shop for Christmas gifts or mindlessly browse Facebook.

I've lost that blogging feeling.

Blogs are like plants. They need attention and care, or they end up dried up in the corner, all shriveled up and brown.

My blog has reached that point, but all is not lost.

Even though Caffeine Court appears to be on it's last legs, there is still one little green leaf hiding behind the dead foliage.

I am going to take that little leaf and nurture it...and perhaps one day, my blog will be in full bloom once again.

WOW. No wonder I haven't blogged in so long. That was pathetic.

Anyway, I'm back, for now. Life has thrown me a few curve balls of late, but nothing I can't handle, and I remain optimistic that all is well. Life works in cycles. You've got to take the bad with the good, right?

On that note, I'm going to list some of the GOOD stuff that's been going on:

-A very big fundraiser for my daughter's school that I was on the committee for, was a HUGE success. Despite the sorry state of our economy, we raised a ton of money AND had a great time while we did it. (Oh and I discovered the magic of splurging on a blowout the day of a big event. It's totally worth it to have movie star hair when you are going to be hobnobbing with 250 of your closest friends.)

-My tennis game is smokin'. I know that can change at any time, but as of late...I'm on fire.

-One of my best friends is training to be a Pilates instructor at a really swanky studio that I could never afford to go to. She needs 75 hours on the machines, so I have been getting lots of free one on one instruction. It feels sooo good and it's very relaxing. The downside? I look like I'm having a seizure when I do the abdominals. After two c-sections, my abs are worthless and weak.

-I had a very Happy Thanksgiving at my little sister's house in Maryland. Both my sisters were there along with all our children. I love them all so much and we always have a great time together. (I won't get into the details of a very heated public argument my youngest sister and I had at the Christmas Festival from Hell that she took us to. THAT was a low point, but the kids really enjoyed watching us go at it. It was like something straight out of "Real Housewives of NJ." Not one of my best moments. Isn't it amazing what stress, no sleep, no food and a hot, loud, crowded room filled with mutants can do to a person? My husband still hasn't recovered from it. MORTIFIED doesn't even begin to describe how humiliated he was. (But he still loves me...remarkable.)

-Oh and one last thing. My eyebrows are loookin' good. I went to one of the BROWISTAS at the local Arch Brow Bar and they worked their magic on me. What a difference. Seriously, it's like an eye lift.

If you want an instant, major improvement in your appearance, go to someone who knows how to do brows. It will change your life.

It's been so nice touching base with you.

We really should do this more often.


10 comments:

Jill said...

I was wondering how you've been. Whoot! to the eyebrows. Congrats on the fundraiser. And I'm jealous about the free pilates. In a good....EEEElongated sort of way.

Robb said...

Welcome back!!!

You were missed!!!

I love exclamation points!!!

Have been feeling a bit down myself maybe time to go all meterosexual male and give the brows a treat. Thank you for the smile!!!

With your caffeine hit this morning I should be fueled for my own blog, Inspired by Caffeine and Nicotine

Wow I thought I could comment without shamelessly plugging my own stuff.

Guess I can't

Glad you're back!!!

R. J. said...

I agree that it is easy to lose interest in hobbies when life gets in the way. As for eyebrows, only a miracle worker could deal with mine. They have fallen out, or turned gray so I have to pencil in eyebrows. Boo hoo. I could hold a pity party for my brows.

Tara R. said...

Good to see you out and about.

linda said...

Yay! I missed reading your blog! Hurray for all the good things!!!
Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas to all at the Caffeine Court household!
-linda,ny

Constant Frivolity said...

It's a Christmas Miracle - you are back. Thank God!

Seriously, I have missed you and all of your hilarity.

Sandra said...

So glad you are back! I'm ashamed of my blogging as of late. Definitely up for the "worst blogger" award. xoxo

Dr Zibbs said...

I've been so bad with my blog too. And with reading other blogs.

The 5 Bickies said...

yes...you really should.
Great to hear from you! I am curious about the eyebrows. Mine can only get better.

Maureen said...

Glad you are back... have missed you!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.