4.09.2010

Milking a Joke

My friends and family are always telling me, "you should write a book!" I'm guessing if you have a blog, you hear the same thing.

My response is always the same. "There are lots of great writers in the world. What the heck would I write a book about?!!" And now...FINALLY after two and a half years of blogging, I think I've come up with a unique idea.

A book full of disgusting monkey stories, along with photographs.

If you commented on my last post, I might contact you for your input, and please, don't worry, you'll get a cut of the book and movie profits. I won't forget the little people when I hit the big time in the publishing world.


It seems to me that monkeys doing in public, what humans only do in private is a real crowd pleaser. I think it might even make the New York Times Bestseller list.

Now I have to think of a title.

Let's see...

here's a few ideas...

PRIMAL PRIMATE URGES

MONKEY'S "BUSINESS"

APES DO THE DARNDEST THINGS

Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself.

What do you think? Would you buy this book? If I did a children's version, would you buy it for the kids?

Who should I cast in the movie version? I was thinking Emma Thompson could play me at the Orangutan house and George Clooney could play the zookeeper who pours cold water on the amorous apes.

I'm telling you, this is going to be huge!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend.

As usual, I hope something good happens that I can write about, because this monkey stuff is getting old.

Catch you next week!!




7 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

I would totally buy this book! Sounds a little complex though--include LOTS of pictures.

Grace's Mom said...

I have to say...I probably wouldn't buy the book. However, when you're on the Today Show talking to Kathy Lee and Hoda about your NY Times bestseller, I will absolutely post a link to the online story on my facebook.

How's that?!

Sandra said...

The only thing wrong with that picture is that you need to play YOU so that you can co-star with George! And I could make a silly pun about Curious George, but I won't. Thanks for the hilarity!! xoxo

Constant Frivolity said...

Oh, this book would sell for sure. I was thinking of you the other day while at my daughter's tennis lesson. We go to a club with a lot of high income people (of which we are not). Apparently, tennis togs or anything resembling appropriate athletic gear is highly discouraged. So far I have seen - a girl dressed in pajamas, corduroys and a sweater, a catholic school uniform with dress shoes and the best of all - someone wearing COWBOY BOOTS!

My daughter waltzes in wearing her target skort and a t-shirt and you'd think I've got her believing she's one of the Williams sisters.

Dr Zibbs said...

You can't go wrong with a monkey book.

Jaina said...

I'm sure you'd be a best seller instantly!

Nishant said...

I agree I'm sure you'd be a best seller instantly!
post free classifieds

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.