8.17.2010

What's goin' on?

Here I sit, AGONIZING over exactly what to write.

It was so easy when I could just cut and paste my neighbor's travel blog, but that could have ruined my life, so I was ordered by husband to CEASE AND DESIST. There is so much material here, it really isn't fair. I could blog for a year about them and it would never get boring.

They did make it back, alive. One of their dogs was almost dead, (Copperhead bite to the head) but they are all alive and well and continually knocking on our front door. *sigh*


Basically, my summer has been filled with entertaining overnight guests and keeping my daughters who are four years apart in age and have totally different interests entertained.

Not an easy task.

My almost 11 year old daughter who is getting really moody and hormonal and is only happy when she's texting her friends, or actually with her friends. (She has a very small group of friends, and if none of them are available, it's a nightmare.!) I am getting a bit stressed about her entering 6th grade, where, I am told some of the meanest girl nonsense starts. She is an awesome child. Smart, sweet, funny and very kind, but SO shy and with absolutely no interest in sports. When I was her age, I would go outside and skateboard, or ride my bike, or play with the kids in the neighborhood. That's not her thing. She has a tight little group of friends, and if they aren't around, it's quite frankly, a pain in the a**! The only exercise she gets is swimming in the pool or the ocean, but if none of her friends are around, she won't go, and if I force her, she mopes around the whole day.

Am I repeating myself? That's because it's stressing me out. Can you tell?

If anyone has advice, I am open to it. This summer has been a challange for me. My younger daughter makes friends easily and just runs and plays. She can keep herself entertained and make friends wherever we go. The older one is stressing me out. BIG TIME.

I also spend huge amounts of time cleaning up after my 3 dogs, who I love dearly, but who trash my house on a continual basis.

BOOORING!!! (At least to those who have to read about it here on my blog.)

I SWEAR I will come up with something entertaining soon.

In the meantime I might have to resort to funny YouTube videos to keep the old blog going.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make my 11 year old work on her pre-algebra packet and finish her summer reading, after I confiscate her cell phone.




8 comments:

DIAPERS in the DESERT said...

Thats super hard. Im glad you have a new post. Not at all boring. I love reading your blog.
“If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says “keep away from children.” ~ Susan Savannah

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :)

Anonymous said...

i think our daughters were separated at birth

scargosun said...

I remember 6th grade was hard for me. I was really sensitive and the nuns were HORRIBLE people who played upon that. Looking back, I wish I had a little more structure when it came to when homework needed to be finished and when I could watch tv or talk on the phone (or these days, text, computer, etc). I think it would have helped me compartmentalize some of the craziness my hormones were causing me.

Dr Zibbs said...

I want to read more stories about your teen years which include mentions of Chester County area places.

Tara R. said...

Sixth grade can be harsh. Good luck to your daughter and to you.

Sandra said...

Darn it. Hate that I don't get anymore pioneer stories. Maybe I can search and find the blog myself. :-) 6th grade - it can be difficult, but honestly the meanness can start as early as 3rd. If you're daughter is quiet and keeps to herself, doesn't go after anything that the mean girls want - I think she'll be fine. And the moodiness. It will pass. xoxo

Poolside with the Girls said...

I think our daughter's must be about the same age. Mine are 18 months apart. I've noticed this summer that they are really into bickering with each other. I'm ready to jump off the nearest bridge. It's non stop. #1 is nothing but hormones.

They both signed up for pop warner cheerleading and so far it's been great exercise. Neither one of my kids wants to be on any other sort of team or sport. They danced for years but that's about it.

Not sure that I have any helpful advice for you. I did sign them up at the local library for some fun things this summer that kept them busy. They did a fashion design class and another class where they wrote a short book.

I also signed her up for a babysitting class.

My oldest is entering 6th grade this year too. I'm hoping it's not going to be a nightmare. Time will tell...hang in there. I'm finding the switch from elementary to middle school a little frightening...for me anyway!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.