5.18.2010

Wisdom of the Ages

Just checking in to let you know that I am still alive. My blog is pretty much dead, but I am very much alive.

Last week I celebrated a somewhat milestone birthday. The big 45. That combined with Mother's Day made it quite a week, which included dinners out, manicures/pedicures, guilt free shopping and lots of hugs and kisses from the family.

Since I am reaching my golden years, I thought I'd share some of the wisdom I have accumulated over the past 45 years.

Here goes:

Anyone who talks continually about how "nice" he or she is, probably isn't. I know this sounds harsh, but I've noticed it's pretty consistently true.

There is no avoiding the passage of time, so enjoy where you are NOW.

You might THINK you know someone else's life, but you DON'T ever really know, so don't judge others too harshly. Be kind.

If someone is talking trash about other people to you, you can be darned sure they are talking trash about you.

You cannot change even other people. Don't even try . Accept and love others as they are, not as you think they should be. Everyone will be much happier if you do.

I've got more, but in order to avoid sounding preachy, I'll leave it at that.


In other news, I had my first tennis match of the USTA season. We won, in a tense third set tie-breaker. As far as ladies' housewife tennis goes, it was quite a dramatic battle, but we emerged victorious by 2 measly points. The line between victory and defeat can be so thin sometimes. We hung in there, and never gave up, and this time around, things ended up in our favor. (You can add that one to the list of stuff I've learned in my life!)

If you've got any pearls of wisdom you'd like to add, please do!

I might be old, but I'm always open to good advice.


4 comments:

Bridget said...

LOVE all of it and SO glad you are very much alive :) Happy Bday!!!! I hope one of these days to drag my arse to Rumson

Constant Frivolity said...

Please don't EVER joke about your blog being dead. I don't know what I would do without your combination of sassyness, smartassness, hilarity, and wisdom.

By the way, how is that eye cream working for you???

If you do ever leave the blog world, can I at least be your FB friend?

Paula@SweetPea said...

Happy Belated Birthday and congratulations on winning your first tennis match.

Maureen said...

Happy belated birthday! Don't let the blog die... where will I go when I need a good laugh!?!?

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.