3.11.2009

I'm sorry honey, but "He's Just Not That Into You!"

Brad and I went to the movies Saturday night and saw, you guessed it.."He's Just Not That Into You."

As the mother of two girls, the first scene in the movie really hit home for me.

A little girl is playing on the playground and a little boy runs up to her. He knocks her on the ground and tells her, "You smell like poop. You ARE poop. A big smelly pile of poop!!"

The little girl cries and runs to her mom. "Mommy, Billy hates me...he called me poop!"

The mother hugs and daughter and consoles her. "Honey...do you know why Billy knocked you down and called you poop?"

"Why mommy?" The little girl implores.

"Because, sweetie, that's his way of telling you he LIKES you!"

The camera closes in on a close up of the little girl's puzzled face.

And thus starts the movie all about women rationalizing horrible treatment from men...because they over analyze being treated like crap and are so desperate to be part of a couple.

The lesson...when a boy knocks over your daughter and calls her horrible names. Tell her it's because he's an asshole. I know it's harsh, but she'll learn that word eventually so it might as well be from her mom.

Seriously, do it...I guarantee she'll remember it for the rest of her life. Yeah, she might become a militant bitch, but better that than a doormat. :)

Are you with me???

Oh and P.S. if you have sons...let them know, if they like a girl, tell her she's funny, or smart. Knocking her over and calling her a pile of poo sends mixed messages.

Smooches...


14 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

I remember when I was in 1st or 2nd grade this boy use to throw dodge balls at me and I complained to my mom and her words were the same oh he just likes you! That is so F-ed up I agree with you!

Bridget said...

I'm totally with you! I love it.... I am always telling my boys (10 and 8 - never hurts to start young) to treat girls NICE

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Arsehole is pretty mild in the whole scheme of things - she can upgrade to stronger nouns when she's older.

Wacie's Way said...

My 12 year old daughter just broker up with her boyfriend. When he asked her why, she told him she's "just 12 and it's not like they could date forever." Then she told her dad that she'd rather be the dumper than the dumpee . . . guess some of me has rubbed off on her!! hahaha

PaperCourt said...

Great lesson. I have boys...I'll pass that along!

SouthernAspirational said...

Sage advise. I still haven't gotten around to seeing the movie. Worth it?

The Mom Jen said...

My son told me tonight that he'd rather stay and clean the classroom during recess..Why? Because the girls chase him...girls are always straight forward aren't they? Men...not so much!

loved that movie!

~Jessie~ said...

Amen sista! I wish I had a mom like you! Mine always said it was something I did... boy was she wrong about all the assholes in my past!

ConverseMomma said...

Hells yes! We need to raise our girls to take respect by the balls, if necessary. Hmmm, what sorta voice do you have? I'd say strong. Love it!

Kim said...

You make me laugh. I'm sick of boys in the house. They are jerks.

thailandchani said...

Oh, right on! Absolutely! I'm old enough to have been told things like that when I was little. It was nonsense then.. and it's nonsense now! :)



~*

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

So true... I'll take that challenge!

Mary Fowler will FALL OVER when I say asshole.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - even though the boy who tortured me throughout 8th grade later (much later - at our 10th reunion) admitted it was because he liked me.

I smacked him.

Ann said...

Love this post!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.