7.06.2009

My first bout with the flu...

Hope everyone had a fun 4th.

We did, despite the fact that I felt like HELL!

Thursday and Friday I was having "stomach issues" but I still managed to go to the boardwalk, and the beach and to the fireworks.

Saturday I started to feel an exhaustion unlike any I've ever experienced. In addition to the extreme fatique, my body HURT. Every muscle and joint ached. But we had company that we invited to the beach for fireworks, so I soldiered on, preparing food (contaminated I'm sure), and lugging it to the beach. I hung out and chatted, jammed out with the DJ and smiled, while I felt like I was going to drop dead.

By Sunday I was a zombie. I couldn't even lift my left arm. This is how bad it was....it was SO bad, that I could only watch the last set of the Federer-Roddick final at Wimbledon. Does that put it into perspective?

At around 5 pm, I managed to google my symptoms.

I was convinced had either Lyme disease, swine flu, fibromyalgia, or Epstein Barr.

And then, like a miracle, I awoke this morning and sprung from my bed. feeling like a human being.

It was a beautiful thing.

The only bright side, of getting so sick is that I completely appreciate how great it is to feel healthy, and have energy.

Being sick sucks.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, sounds like a bad weekend. Glad you are feeling better now. At least it passed quickly. Check out my latest post :-)

Sandra said...

So sorry you felt bad! But thank goodness you are better!! That match was amazing. I so hated to see Roddick lose it.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Being sick does suck especially over a holiday! Glad you are feeling better!

Jaina said...

Wow, I'm impressed at how much you did while sick! I'm rather a big baby when I'm not feeling well. I'm glad you're feeling better.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.