Here are some of the things that keep me awake:
1. Something bad happening to one of my daughters.
2. Getting cancer.
3. My husband losing his job.
4. Being dependent on my husband financially.
5. Things I should have done during the day (cleaning basement, closets, storing summer clothes etc.)
6. Whether or not I posted something which offends my blogging audience.
7. The fact that I haven't been going to church the past few months.
8. Whether or not I should get Botox on my forehead.
9. The fact that most of the things I've listed are pretty shallow and I should do more for people in need.
Some of these things are beyond my control. Some I can do something about. A couple of them I'm embarrassed to admit. What am I going to do about it?
For those things beyond my control, I have to just "let it be." I think too many people try to control EVERYTHING in their lives. It's a losing battle. Sometimes it's up to a higher power.
As for the things I CAN control...the number one priority is to take action. I crossed a few things off my list a few days ago. I called a friend whose phone call I hadn't returned in weeks. I made a doctor's appointment I've been putting off and I wrote some overdue thank you notes. Now new worries have replaced the old!
I'm not making any promises at this point...but I am going to take care of some of the things that eat at me very soon. It's just a question of whether it's Botox or church. (Maybe both!!)
I'll keep you posted on my progress!
P.S. I also worry that I'm worrying, when I really don't have anything significant to worry about. Do you know what I'm saying???? PASS THE VALIUM PLEASE.
"We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends, and living our lives."